Boil advisories for Cenla
(KALB) - Check back for the latest updates:
- The boil advisory has been lifted for the Village of Hessmer. However, repairs are being made to a broken water main on Hwy. 114, on the Mansura Hwy. from the city limit sign going out towards Mansura. Customers on this line will be out of water while this is being repaired. once this is fixed, these customers only will once again be on a boil advisory. Please call town hall if you have any questions.
- Avoyelles Water Works District 1: Currently experiencing water shortages due to lack of electricity. Therefore they are under a boil advisory system-wide.
- Rapides Island Water: To prevent a total loss of service or boil advisory, customers are asked to conserve water due to increased demand.
- EMC Water Water System in Elmer is asking customers to conserve water.
- West Winn Water System
- The City of Leesville
- The Town of Rosepine
- The Town of Simmesport
- System-wide boil advisory for West Winn Water System due to low pressure.
- Rapides Parish Water Works District No.3 in Tioga
- Town of Colfax - all customers (The Town of Colfax Water System will be turned off at 10:00 pm Wednesday until 5:00 am Thursday due to low water pressure.)
- Brouillette Water System - all customers
- Northwest Allen Parish Water District in Grant, Lousiana
- Ward Six Water (Plainview) is under a system wide boil advisory, until further notice. Ward Six serves Plainview, Union Hill and Ten Mile community. The elevated tank’s pressure dropped below 20 lbs.
- The Town of Ferriday, Clayton, and Ridgecrest are under a boil advisory due to the recent power outages.
What to do once a boil advisory has lifted:
Run cold water faucets for one minute * Run drinking water fountains for one minute * Flush automatic ice makers (make three batches of ice and discard) * Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle * Run water coolers with direct water connections for five minutes.
Copyright 2020 KALB. All rights reserved.