The latest Cenla COVID-19 cases, information, testing locations
State and local information
ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB) - KALB will now be reporting ONLY confirmed cases and deaths from the Louisiana Department of Health. (NEW: Scroll down to see vaccine information)
Health officials in Louisiana are now reporting there are 393,909 CONFIRMED cases (+305) of COVID-19 reported in the state and 9,521CONFIRMED deaths (+5). (Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count.)
Currently, there are 311 (-15) patients in hospitals with COVID-19 and 27 (-5) of those patients are on ventilators.
From LDH: The collection dates for most of these cases (98%) fall between May 6 and May 13, 2021. 93% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread. 7% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings. Individuals between the ages of 18 and 29 (23%) and 30 and 39 (17%) account for the largest portion of these cases. Since yesterday, 18,332 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 7,220,790. Of the tests reported today, 16,324 were PCR tests and 2,008 were antigen tests.
In Central Louisiana, as of May 14:
|Cases and Deaths Per Parish *CONFIRMED ONLY, NOT PRESUMED CASES/DEATHS|
|Allen: 2,828 cases (same) / 88 deaths (same)|
|Avoyelles: 3,683 (+4) cases / 115 deaths (same)|
|Beauregard: 2,316 cases (-2) / 72 deaths (same)|
|Catahoula: 901 cases (-2) / 33 deaths (same)|
|Concordia: 1,601 cases (same) / 46 deaths (same)|
|Evangeline: 3,124 (+2) cases / 72 deaths (same)|
|Grant: 1,575 (-1) cases / 50 deaths (same)|
|La Salle: 1,006 (+12) cases / 25 deaths (same)|
|Natchitoches: 3,076 (+8) cases / 77 deaths (same)|
|Rapides: 9,285 cases (+1) / 292 deaths (same)|
|Sabine: 2,424 cases (+1) / 52 deaths (same)|
|St. Landry: 8,036 (-6) / 227 deaths (same)|
|Vernon: 2,366 cases (+5) / 84 deaths (same)|
|Winn: 1,159 cases (-1) / 33 deaths (same)|
(NOTE: Information on the COVID19 dashboard will be updated at noon daily except weekends.)
Louisiana Vaccine Information:
For Rapides Parish Coliseum vaccinations, sign-up here.
Vaccine information updated by LDH on Mondays and Thursdays at noon.
- Initiated vaccine series: 1,556,241
- Completed vaccine series: 1,370,923
- Total doses administered as of most recent update: 2,829,314
- Vaccine doses administered since the previous update: 33,131
- Providers enrolled: 2,289
- Current phase of distribution: Everyone 16+
PARISH BY PARISH VACCINE INFORMATION:
- Allen: 4,337 series initiated - 3,609 series completed
- Avoyelles: 10,568 series initiated - 8,787 series completed
- Beauregard: 7,654 series initiated - 6,439 series completed
- Catahoula: 2,289 series initiated - 1,998 series completed
- Concordia: 3,879 series initiated - 3,346 series completed
- Evangeline: 7,884 series initiated - 6,821 series completed
- Grant: 4,427 series initiated - 3,888 series completed
- La Salle: 2,723 series initiated - 2,380 series completed
- Natchitoches: 10,574 series initiated - 9,343 series completed
- Rapides: 38,310 series initiated - 33,135 series completed
- Sabine: 5,447 series initiated - 4,625 series completed
- St. Landry: 21,083 series initiated - 18,415 series completed
- Vernon: 8,199 series initiated - 6,591 series completed
- Winn: 3,612 series initiated - 3,265 series completed
PERCENTAGE BY REGION:
- REGION 1: 37.53%
- REGION 2: 31.62%
- REGION 3: 25.94%
- REGION 4: 24.2%
- REGION 5: 20.87%
- REGION 6: 20.77%
- REGION 7: 24.67%
- REGION 8: 24.89%
- REGION 9: 27.6%
Governor John Bel Edwards has issued a mask mandate for the state of Louisiana.
Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms or if you have possibly come in contact with someone with COVID-19.
HOW TO GET TESTED:
For an overview of the program click here. https://files.constantcontact.com/3c348139001/a07f4f82-40ed-4796-b0bb-644186b940ed.pdf
The Region 6 Mobile Test Site Concept of Operations Document click here https://files.constantcontact.com/3c348139001/aea4fa0c-2bcd-4b07-aed5-5664fc2234d7.pdf
Mobile Testing will occur between 8-11 a.m for all locations. All mobile testing locations and times are in the 211 system; residents of central Louisiana can call 211 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for information on COVID-19, or to find out where and when they can be tested.
QR code (below) is available with access to the eTrueNorth portal where individuals can register and find test results. To open the QR code, individuals should hold the camera of a smartphone over the code so that it is clearly visible on the screen. The phone will scan the code leading to the registration site. Registration for eTrueNorth portal is at www.DoINeedACOVID19Test.com.
LDH is offering a counseling service 24/7 for those who may be feeling overwhelmed and anxious about the outbreak. The service is available to help anyone trying to cope with the associated stress. Trained counselors will provide information for services related to mental health and substance abuse related to coronavirus. Call 1-866-310-7977.
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) is notified of any positive results. Updates on the LDH website are posted daily at noon.
Copyright 2021 KALB. All rights reserved.